The Yeti SB160 stands as a testament to a race-bred ethos that thrives on untethered speed and unwavering joy. Born from a legacy of excellence in the Enduro World Series (EWS), the SB160 is a purebred race machine, honed and refined to deliver unmatched performance. This mountain bike is designed to uphold the tradition of speed and take it to new heights, making it the ultimate choice for those who seek to be the fastest on the trails.
Table of Contents
The SB160 takes its place as a dominant force in the realm of enduro racing and aggressive trail riding. Built on the foundation of the highly successful SB150, the SB160 advances the legacy of excellence established by its predecessor. This bike is engineered to not only conquer the trails but to redefine the limits of speed and capability.
- Switch Infinity Recalibrated: The SB160 introduces the next generation of translating pivot suspension design, setting new standards for kinematics, longevity, sensitivity, and strength.
- Refined Frame Silhouette: The main frame and swingarm design is a marriage of engineering and aesthetics, optimizing the packaging of suspension components and enhancing impact clearance.
- Tailored Carbon Layup: Regardless of frame size, the SB160 offers consistent torsional stiffness and flex profiles, ensuring a precise yet compliant ride experience.
- Integrated Cable Management: Internally routed cable tubes with secure closures eliminate noise and cable rub, maintaining a clean and quiet ride.
- Threaded Bottom Bracket: The aluminum bottom bracket shell features integrated ISCG-05 tabs, enhancing durability and serviceability.
- Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH): In the event of a hanger-bending crash, the UDH interface ensures easy replacement using a widely available standard mount.
- Patented Compact Wishbone: The two-piece wishbone shock extender optimizes shock compatibility, ease of removal, and clamping, while pushing the shock forward in the frame for enhanced clearance and compatibility.
- Speedmetal Pivot Designs: Standard-sized cartridge bearings secured with precision-machined floating collet axles enhance frame stiffness and bearing longevity.
- Leverage Rate for Real Speed: The SB160’s kinematics are designed for increased bottom-out control while maintaining a predictable linear progression curve, prioritizing consistency in damping characteristics.
- Balanced Geometry: Rider-centric geometry adjustments provide confidence-inspiring stability, including increased reach, balanced centers, and size-specific angles.
New Features & Specifications
Yeti SB160 Colorways
The SB160 is available in Cobalt, Radium and Turquoise, each reflecting the bike’s aggressive spirit and high-performance capabilities.
The “Cobalt” colorway for the Yeti SB160 is a deep blue hue that captures the essence of a clear evening sky. Looking for a dark color without being black? This is a great choice.
The “Radium” colorway on the Yeti SB160 is a light green shade reminiscent of glowing radium. It provides the bike with a lively and energetic appearance, making a statement on any trail.
The “Turquoise” finish on the Yeti SB160 offers a classic Yeti hue, blending a rich, deep blue with subtle green undertones. This iconic colorway not only showcases the brand’s heritage but also adds a touch of elegance and distinction to the mountain bike’s overall aesthetic. You want to say Yeti? This is the color for you.
Yeti SB160 Geometry
The SB160’s geometry is meticulously designed to strike the perfect balance between agility, stability, and control. Whether you’re charging down technical descents or powering up steep climbs, the SB160’s geometry ensures that you’re always in command, ready to conquer any trail that comes your way.
- Seat Tube Length: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Effective Top Tube Length: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Headtube Angle: 64 degrees
- Effective Seat Tube Angle: 77.5 degrees
- Actual Seat Tube Angle: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Chainstay Length: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Wheelbase: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Estimated BB Height: 13.9 inches
- Standover Height: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Headtube Length: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Fork Axle to Crown: 23.1 inches
- Fork Offset: 1.7 inches
- Stack: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Reach: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Front Center: Varies by size (See geometry table for details)
- Vertical Fork Travel: 160mm (6.3 inches)
Yeti SB160 Build Kits
Yeti has a variety of SB160 build kits to tailor your riding preferences to your local trails and favorite parks. Builds that range from $10,500 for top of the line to $4,800 for just the frame.
Drivetrain: The T3 and C3 build has XX Transmission and GX Transmission electronic shifting. When you move to the T2 (SRAM X01) & C2 (SRAM GX) builds you get manual or traditional shifting.
Front Fork: The top 2 builds (T3 & T2) include a Fox Factory Fork, while the C3 and C2 have the Fox Performance shock.
Rear Suspension: The T3 & T2 have the Fox Factory Float X2, it can be upgraded for free to the Fox DHX2 Factory coil shock. The C3 & C2 have the Fox Performance Float X and can be upgraded to the Fox Factory Coil Suspension for $600.
Brakes: The T3 & T2 have SRAM Code RSC brakes, while the C3 and C2 builds are equipped with SRAM Code R brakes.
Tires: All builds have a MAXXIS ASSEGAI 2.5 EXO+ up front and a MAXXIS MINION DHR II 2.4 EXO+ in the rear.
|T3 XO Transmission
|SRAM X0 Transmission
|Fox Factory 38 GRIP2 Fork / Float X2
|SRAM X01 Eagle
|Fox Factory 38 GRIP2 Fork / Float X2
|C series carbon
|Fox Performance 38 Fork / Float X
|C2 GX Transmission
|C series carbon
|SRAM GX Transmission
|Fox Performance 38 Fork / Float X
T3 X0 Transmission
The top of the line T3 build has a TURQ Carbon Frame, 170 mm Fox Factory 38 Grip2 and Float X2, SRAM X0 T-Type and Code RSC Brakes for $9,200.
T3 vs T2: The T3 build is almost identical to the T2 build except for the new Transmission drivetrain and electronic shifting. If you want the new T-Type electronic shifting you will need to spend $1,300 more.
T3 Upgrades: The T3 has 2 possible upgrades. $1,000 more gets you carbon wheels and for $0 you can swap to a Fox DHX2 Factory Coil Shock.
The T2 build has a TURQ Carbon Frame, 170 mm Fox Factory 38 Grip2 and Float X2, SRAM X01 Eagle and Code RSC Brakes for $7,900.
T2 vs T3: When compared to the more expensive T3 build you spend $1,300 less but do not get XO Transmission electronic shifting.
T2 vs C3: When compared to the less expensive C3 build the extra $600 gets you a Turq Carbon Frame, Fox Factory Fork and Suspension instead of Fox Performance. Code RSC brakes instead of Code R. The drivetrain is Standard X01 instead of the newer, electronic GX Transmission electronic shifting.
C3 GX Transmission
The C3 build gets you a C-Series Carbon Frame, 170 mm Fox Performance 38 and Float X, SRAM GX T-Type and Code R Brakes for $7,300.
C3 vs T2: When compared to the more expensive T2 build you save $600 and do not get at TURQ frame, Fox Factory front fork, Fox Factory rear suspension, and Code RSC brakes. The C3 has a one up dropper where the T2 has a Fox Transfer dropper.
C3 vs C2: This is the C2 build but with the new SRAM GX Transmission electronic shifting. For $600 you can upgrade to a Factory Coil suspension.
The C2 build is the C-Series Carbon Frame, 170 mm Fox Performance 38 and Float X, SRAM GX Eagle and Code R brakes for $6,300.
C2 vs C3: When comparing the C2 build to the more expensive C3 build, you save $1,000 and get standarg GX Eagle drivetrain instead of the GX Transmission electronic shifting. For $600 you can upgrade to a Factory Coil suspension.
The “Frame Only” option is the TURQ Frame with no components for $4,800.
Since it is just a frame without any components there is not much to compare. At $4,800 for the frame you can see the frame is a big percentage of the cost.
Where to Buy
You can find the Yeti SB160 and its various build kits at authorized Yeti dealers, selected bike shops, and online retailers. Visit the Yeti website to locate a dealer near you and explore your options for purchasing this exceptional mountain bike.
- Your Local Yeti Dealer
- Jenson USA
- Competitive Cyclist
Pros & Cons
- Exceptional Enduro Performance: The SB160’s race-bred heritage shines through in its unmatched enduro performance, making it a dominant force on challenging trails.
- Advanced Suspension Design: The Switch Infinity suspension technology delivers remarkable kinematics, longevity, and sensitivity for a smooth and controlled ride.
- Tailored Carbon Layup: Regardless of frame size, riders experience consistent stiffness and flex profiles, ensuring a balanced and responsive ride.
- Precision Cable Management: Internal cable routing with secure closures eliminates noise and rub, maintaining a distraction-free riding experience.
- Wide Compatibility: The Universal Derailleur Hanger (UDH) ensures easy replacement in case of a crash, using a widely available standard mount.
- Premium Pricing: The advanced technology and high-performance components contribute to a higher price point.
- Specialized Design: The SB160’s geometry and features are optimized for aggressive trail and enduro riding, which might limit its versatility for other riding styles.
The Yeti SB160 is more than a mountain bike – it’s a statement of uncompromising speed and precision. With its race-bred pedigree, innovative features, and meticulous design, the SB160 stands as a testament to Yeti’s commitment to pushing the boundaries of what’s possible on the trails. Whether you’re a competitive racer or an avid trail enthusiast, the SB160 offers an unrivaled ride that’s poised to redefine your mountain biking experience.
Q: What is the key highlight of the SB160?
A: The SB160 features the next-generation Switch Infinity suspension design, delivering unparalleled kinematics, longevity, sensitivity, and strength.
Q: Are there different color options available?
A: Yes, the SB160 is available in 3 colorways: Cobalt Blue, Radium Lite Green, and Turquiose.
Q: Can I purchase the SB160 frame only?
A: Yes, the TURQ Series carbon fiber frame is available for purchase separately, allowing you to build your SB160 according to your preferences. The frame sells for $4,800
Q: What kind of riding is the SB160 best suited for?
A: The SB160 is optimized for aggressive Enduro racing and aggressive trail riding, excelling on technical descents and challenging terrain.
Additional sites to learn more about the SB160
I am Steven Johnson. All my life I have been riding bikes, even working as a bicycle messenger in Australia. I love riding road, mountain, single speeds, bmx, and everything else. As a web designer, creating this site was a natural fit. If you have any questions please let me know. Enjoy the site and Keep on Pedaling!!!